The ArtSalon’s SECOND ANNUAL RED DOT DASH Benefit Exhibition at 33 Hawley in Northampton will be on:
Friday, November 22, 2019, 5:30 – 8 PM – Get ready for an exciting opportunity to start/add to your collection or finish your holiday shopping early! Choose from over 130 original artworks up to 10×10″ all priced at ONLY $88. All works will be sold ANONYMOUSLY. Whose work will you be on the lookout for?! Come early and claim your favorite piece. It is a DASH after all!
This event is FREE and open to the public.
Since 2009, The ArtSalon has introduced to the public some of the area’s most vibrant artists. These selected artists speak about their work in an engaging, fast-paced image presentation, followed by a Q & A session. The ArtSalon wants to provide an honorarium for these artists for their time and effort. To fund this endeavor APE@Hawley will host The ArtSalon’s SECOND ANNUAL RED DOT DASH Benefit Exhibition at 33 Hawley, a project of Northampton Community Arts Trust, on Friday, November 22, 2019, 5:30-8pm.
The RED DOT DASH will offer an affordable and exciting way to add to a collection, support art makers (50% of a sale goes directly to the artist), and fund honorariums at the same time! Buyers have the opportunity to acquire original 10” x 10” sized 2D works and 10” x 10” x 10” sized 3D works by established and emerging artists for ONLY $88 EACH! Each piece will be exhibited ANONYMOUSLY and is offered on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS. The identity of the artist will be revealed only after the work is purchased.
OPENING RECEPTION – Friday, November 22, 5:30-8pm, at 33 Hawley Street.
How to Participate:
Apply online here and fill out the attached form with your artwork.
- DROP OFF/MAIL WORK to A.P.E. Gallery, 126 Main Street, Northampton, MA 01060, November 16 – 17, 2019. All work must be delivered/received by November 17. Hours: Saturday 12-5, Sunday 12-5.
- THERE IS NO FEE TO PARTICIPATE. Any and all artists over 18 years old are encouraged to submit ONE original 2D work up to 10”x10” or a 3D work up to 10“ x 10” x 10“.
- Artwork can be in any medium ON PAPER, CANVAS or BOARD, including drawings, photographs, paintings, printmaking and mixed media, as long as it is a maximum of 10”x 10″ inches (does not need to be square), UNFRAMED with no mat, no exceptions. Please indicate TOP with an arrow. 3D works cannot exceed 10” cubed.
- The exhibition and sale is not juried. All work that arrives by the deadline and meets the submission criteria will be displayed.
- All work will be displayed ANONYMOUSLY, however PLEASE SIGN and PRINT NAME on THE BACK/BOTTOM ONLY. All participating artists will be listed in exhibition materials.
- Artists will be contacted via email 2-4 weeks after the event regarding sales and collector information.
- 50% of a sale will go to the artist (e.g. $88 artwork sale = $44 to artist via check)
- UNSOLD artwork must be picked up at A.P.E. Gallery BY SATURDAY NOVEMBER 30, 2019, 12-5pm. If you would like your UNSOLD artwork to be returned, please enclose a SASE/container with your piece.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your generous support!